I Forge Iron

Refractory Bricks needed

dustinfamily

I'm new here and hopefully someone can help me.

I recently found a second hand propane farriers forge but its missing a couple bricks. Does anyone know of a place that sells them? Was hopeing to find some local, but not much luck. Like to find a place with cheap shipping, since their coming to Alaska.

Second question: Is there a thread on here for swappin or sellin? Alot of us new guys might need something you "old heads" are willing to part with.

Thanks, Mark

Darned Grant you got it right! Where's my calendar? I gotta mark that down. I AM for a matter of fact shy.

Mark, if you make it down for the meeting bring your refractory wish list with you. E.J. Bartells is in Anchorage and they carry a supburb selection of refractories at reasonable (for AK) prices. They don't carry ITC-100 though.

In fact I had to go to Anchorage today and stopped in to pick up some Kaowool and 3,000f split fire brick. They're nice guys who are really into fire, like talking about it and you usually get more than you expect.

Frosty

Heck Mark, I'm not sure if I'll make the next meeting it all depends on how busy the rental place is that day.

Do you know where EJ Bartells is? Google or yahoo maps is accurate.

Next time you get down this way stop by, we're only 1 turn and 2 miles off the Parks hwy.

Frosty