I Forge Iron

Victor Gauges - Repair myself or take to Welding Supply Pace for Repair?

A set of Victor Gauges appears to have damaged diaphragms. No I didn't do it, I know enough to back off the pressure against the diaphragms when not in use.

Is this a repair I can do myself or do I need to take it to the local welding supply place to have them repaired or reconditioned?

To answer the obvious comments before they are made:
1. No I did not do the damage.
2. No you can not relieve me of the burden by taking them off my hands.

• 2 weeks later...
The regulators are serious business. Leave the repairs on these to the pros. Your family and anyone within a quarter mile will thank you.

Guages are one thing, cheap to replace, Regulator repair is another.

The bottom line here is as quoted above. Opening a regulator for repair is serious business. I worked for a major gas company. I did a lot of things with regulators but I never made any repairs on oxygen regulators.

Only two gases I worked with, out of many dozen, scared me. Oxygen and Hydrogen. Both have a high gotcha factor.

Professional repair of victor regulators is usually a winner. Out of a couple of hundred regulators on my inventory, I found that victor brand was the most reliable and least often repaired. Edited by Charlotte
typo