Stay Brite silver solder.
Harris is a subidary Lincoln Electric.

facts: From Harris information sheet on line last revised 1/6/99

NOMINAL SOLDER COMPOSITION:

PHYSICAL PROPERTIES: Mechanical properties of bulk solder
Silver 3.6 - 4.4%
Tin Remainder
Solidus 430

The lower melt solders contain lead and/or do not stick to stainless steel, carbon steel, brass etc.

It is also used because it does not tarnish to the extent or as quickly as lead solders. It also much stronger than any lead based solder and is an excellent color match to polished steel and stainless steel.

For a silver bearing alloy it is low temp. I have used it for jewelry repair and assembling pieces that were soldered in part with higher melt solders.

Musical instrument repair/and jewelry uses a range of solders that start at this level and go to close to a thousand deg f. I understand that some gun work uses the same alloys in repairing/reproducing 19th century weapons.

The next step up:
NOMINAL SOLDER COMPOSITION: Stay Brite #8
10/02 DC
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES: Mechanical properties of bulk solder
Silver 5.5 – 6.0 %
Tin Remainder
Solidus 430

Edited by Charlotte

Simply put it does the job well it is not hard to use, and the heat it takes is easily reached by propane burning hand held torches and tHE solder flows before the temper is lost due to heat on almost all knife making steels. It also as said above works with almost all the material we use for guards. Some of the other solders either contain lead or are not as strong as this.