I Forge Iron

ODBSA Ghallenge Results

primtechsmith

It was a great day Saturday for a gathering. Great weather. Great place. Great everything. There were some really nice tailgaters selling numerous anvils, swage blocks, tongs, hammers, vices...etc

We had 5 people go for the big prize money. The morning session was Dale Morse, Glen Bryant, and...me. The afternoon session was David Tucciarone, and Mike Tanner. We all gathered around and voted by secret ballot to find the winners and this is how it turned out:

1st: David Tucciarone
2nd: Dale Morse
3rd: Mike Tanner

The results shocked a lot of people. Dale Morse has studied in Italy, England, and Germany. This guy is the real deal. And many people turned down the invite because they knew of his skill, and did not want to lose to this guy. David pulled out the upset win getting the most votes to become the winner of the First Annual Challenge. He is also a professional smith with a shop in Rustburg Va, and also teaches some courses at the John C. Campbell School in NC. Mike Tanner(yesteryearforge) has also been working around the anvil for close to 25 years on and off as a hobby. And had a great showing. 1st-3rd was seperated by only a handful of votes. Was extremely close!!!

I also got to meet Jeremiah. He is a new member here on the forum, and joined the Old Dominion Blacksmith Association. He drove 4 1/2 hours to hang out. Awesome!

We will be doing this again next year. So if anybody out in cybersmith land wants info on the organization, or the challenge just let me know, or check out the website.
www.odbsa.com

A special thank you needs to go out to Danny Ward who owns and runs the "Danny Ward Horseshoeing School" in Martinsville Va. First class place, with a first class host. His hospitality was a key factor in the success of Saturday's event. Thank you to him, and all who participated, and showed up to watch!!!

Peyton

Anybody out there who was there and wants to add anything that I missed please do so!

Hello all, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed Saturday's Challenge, and thanks to the whole ODBSA crew for their hospitality. Nice work to ya David, Dale, Mike, Glenn and of course none other than Peyton a.k.a PRIMTECHSMITH, I learned a lot. I am proud to say that I am now a member of the ODBSA and look forward to working with all of ya'll.

See ya In August!!!