I Forge Iron

Buying Coal

Are you implying we delete the list, as its too much trouble to read when we need the information? I didn't read all of it because I have a coal source :) how about http://www.iforgeiron.com/Getting-Started/coal-and-coke-suppliers.html this one is in Alphabetical order

Edited by steve sells

Floyd, there are two organizations in South Louisiana. Both are listed on the ABANA Website, [ABANA]

LAMA, The Louisiana Metal Smiths Association

Gulf Coast Blacksmith Association

Both of these active chapters of Abana have members that can point you to coal supplies. Coal, except for steam coal, is kind of scarce in the Area.

Normally, a group joins together to make a buy. The coal is dumped at a central location under some individual care and the coal is divided.

You might try talking to this person. Ten years ago he was till prefering coal to natural gas for his forging. I haven't visited him since.

Arnold & Anvil Blacksmiths
6112 Pino St
Baton Rouge, LA 70806-1223
(225) 927-9800

Buddy Leonard has blacksmithing coal for sale. This is Pocahontas #3 West Virginia Coal specially selected by Buddy for it’s low sulfur, low ash and high BTUs. Call at (985) 892-1137. Tell him you heard about it on IForgeIron

Are you implying we delete the list, as its too much trouble to read when we need the information?

Haha, wow that's a leap in logic. No, I wasn't implying that at all.

The alphabetical list is "alright" but, most people probably need to search on proximity so a state listing is probably the most effective.

Since the list is that big it should really be a database so it can be sorted and searched on by any criteria. A little php/sql coding and you could have a fillable form for entries and another one for searching. Alternately, there may be googlemaps api tools that could take it even further and allow searching based on mile radius from your home.

Just some thoughts.

Are you implying we delete the list, as its too much trouble to read when we need the information? I didn't read all of it because I have a coal source :) how about Log-in this one is in Alphabetical order

That's really a GREAT!, easy to use list and many of us owe Glenn a big THANK YOU for the hours he's put in to compile it from all the responses on the "suppliers" thread, sorting the suppliers info from the chit-chat.

I just added another one from the Asheville area.

Thanks Glenn!

It is an ongoing process to try to keep lists current, deleting old material and adding new material and information. Most times the work goes unnoticed. This time you caught me. (grin) Glad you found the list helpful.