I Forge Iron

hey all

kburd

hey guys looking forward to learning as much on here as I have over the years on weldingweb. I play around blacksmithing but want to get more serious with it.
also i am interested in getting in touch with people in my area who are involved in blacksmithing

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Settle in with something to eat and drink...and don't forget to let someone know where you are, you can spend a LONG time in here. To find a group in your area look here [ABANA] The Artist Blacksmith's Association of North America, Inc. and clink on the "affiliates", you can find the groups close to you from there. We have a bunch from PA on here also and I'm sure some of them will chime in. Once again, welcome.

Welcome aboard Kburd, glad to have ya.

Heck, we're ALL trying to learn, well, those of us who aren't completely hopeless that is. ;)

What kind of smithing are you interested in? A good place to start out is reading the "lessons and getting started" sections of IFI. You'll find projects and lessons to build smithing skills and useful tips for getting set up and improvising the tools you can't find outright. Then there's the Blueprints section where you'll find more projects with directions, tools, equipment and cool tricks from blacksmiths who use the stuff.

Of course you can just ask us questions, If we can't answer it we'll make something up. :rolleyes:

Frosty