I Forge Iron

Hi from Louisiana

floyd

You've come to the right place Floyd. Welcome !!!
If you go up to the brown bar and click on the "User CP" Icon you can post your general location and what ever other info you care to share. It will enable us to give you specific help. I'm in LaPlace near New Orleans. Gland to have you here.
We have a whole world of people that are egar to help.

Howdy and welcome to IFI.

I live in southern Illinois about 70 miles out of St. Louis, Mo, but I visit Joe Rolfe's place near Bastrop/Monroe (NE corner of La.) several times a year. A few IFI members are known to congregate there at times. A great chance to meet others and put a real face to a name.

Edited by trying-it

Welcome aboard Floyd, glad to have ya.

You've come to the place to get yourself up and going alright. Check out "Getting Started and Lessons" sections for both tips on setting up and lessons to build the necessary skills. The "Blueprints" section has many drawings pics and instructions on making and using the tools and equipment in use by blacksmiths from all round the world.

Of course you can toss your questions out here in the sea of blacksmiths and see how she swims. I just hope you're aware of the basic blacksmith truth, "ask any three blacksmiths a question and you'll get at least four answers." It really isn't a joke though we laugh about it. ;)

Frosty