I Forge Iron

Todays Accomplishment

Would love some details on the how. Lathe or file, bridgeport? grinder?

Beautiful, is it for wood? Why did you make it, I am curious, no one I ever met needed a 2" tap, are you making a die to go with it?

Cliff

Looks like its to thread chair leg holes Cliff so I suppose a die would be necessary. Can almost get my head around making the tap but a die would be a challenge

Really great work. No matter how many things you try to make in this game there is always something else to try.

Looks like its to thread chair leg holes Cliff so I suppose a die would be necessary. Can almost get my head around making the tap but a die would be a challenge

Really great work. No matter how many things you try to make in this game there is always something else to try.

The tap would make the die. Not that difficult really.

Today I cleaned about 1/2 the metal from my forge and stock storage area, man do I have a lot of stuff. I'm making a trip to the recyclers Monday, after reading so many posts here from guys who do not use any junkyard steel, I'm gonna keep the bar stock and some other bits and pieces, but a lot of it is just going out. Ya never seem to remember how much room you have till you get it all arranged, now I have to build a grinding bench.