I Forge Iron

Problem solving help for new folks.

Rich Hale

Frosty
I was trying to give a fellow newcomer a chance to get an anvil before someone out to make a buck got there. He's had time to get one if he wanted to so I'll post the information shortly.

I understand and it's good you're trying to look out for fellow smiths. Darned good. I've lost threads, do it all the time and for some reason searches lead me to distractions . . . maybe that's just me. ;)

Frosty

Evfreek:

Buddy you were about freaking me out with your experiences til I noticed where you are. Folk aren't like that everywhere, the Bay Area seems to be like a lens or trap or something collecting and concentrating them.

I've only rarely run into folk with that kind of attitude and I show them the door. There's no way to keep them safe so they have to leave for everybody's good.

Frosty

I think it's propaganda sent out by whoever wants to scare the enemy. I recall reading somewhere that damascus blades were reputed to be able to slice through the crusader's blades. During WWII Samurai blades were supposed to have sliced the barrels from machine guns during suicide charges.

Of course these things never get exagerated in the retelling. :rolleyes:

Frosty

• 3 months later...

I too am a new anvil denter and I don't post much because I don't know _hit.
I've had one problem solving post and it took no time for it to get answered with all the knowledge on this sight and funny thing i don't remember one time reading "go search for it, it's been discussed before". anyway this was a chance for me to add to my post count instead of logging in 4 times a day just to lurk. Oh and if I had been told to go search for it I would have with no complaints even though I didn't know _rap about what i was looking for. You know that gives me a good idea for a search so got to go and thanks for your Patience with us anvil denters.:rolleyes: