I Forge Iron

Hello from Florida

Paddy

Hello All,

I am down here in florida, new to blacksmithing in these parts.

I'm a blacksmith / farrier from UK.

Is there anybody down this neck of the world supplying coal or breeze coke?. I know its mined up Kentucky way, and a contact sourcing this grade of product and having it available down here would be very handy.

I have trawled this wonderful website and discovered a contact in barbersville, who are a 400 mile round trip away. Thats great, but just incase anybody has better ideas please help.

Many Thanks,

Paddy

Welcome aboard Paddy, glad to have you.

There's a coal supplier list in one of the threads here. I don't know what's in it, I don't buy coal, I have to go mine it myself if I want any. Anyway, I'm sure there's a supplier listed you can use. check out the local organization(s) they'll know what's available and may have a stockpile of their own available to members.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it can make a big difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. Also, if local folk know you're there they can invite you to get togethers, tip you to tool deals and offer hands on help. Lastly if we old farts know who's in the area when we're traveling we won't have to try remembering where to go for a nap or tasty snack.

Frosty

Many thanks all for your help.

I found a supply in barberville ofcourse, and will be attending the FABA SW meet on May 23rd.

I did go along to one of their meetings last december, before I was up in kentucky, but didn't ask the wholely obvious question at that time.

It reminds me of what an old boss used to say ;-

Assumptions are the mother of all #$%@ ups!.

still, until then I'll use my gas forge and carry on with small bits and bobs.

thanks,

paddy