I Forge Iron

Hello from WI

Drewed

Hi,

Just joined the forum and been reading my little heart out! Lots of good information here.

I'm just getting started in smithing and have a lot of questions, but they can wait until I get a forge ( speaking of which, any body have a coal forge that they would like to sell? :P)

I'm from SE Wisconsin, and have taken a few classes at Old World Wisconsin, and have the bug bad! Not much skill, a little bit of talent, but a whole lot of drive!

Welcome aboard Drewed, glad to have ya.

If you search the "Blueprints" section you'll find a number of plans for building forges of all kinds, several for coal/charcoal. The "Lessons in metal working" section is also very handy for getting started.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile it can really help. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and a lot of info is location specific. Also, if local folk know you're there they can invite you to get togethers, tip you to tool deals and offer hands on help.

Frosty

Welcome to I Forge Iron, we have a few members up your way, so I know there are a few good groups for you to hook up with there. Nothing better than hammering with a knowledgeable friend to learn well and its faster too.

Welcome aboard.
UMBA has an august hammer in at the steam show at edgerton, WI
Some tailgating there but not much
Not sure they picked a demonstrator yet
Possibly Pat Mccarty from MO

Next UMBA meeting is at Haverhill, IA, May 16/17

kGo to the home page and check out groups for more info

Welcome to IFI. Plenty of info here on building a forge basically from scrap. One of the great beauties of blacksmiting is that we can take other people's junk and make really beautiful/useful items out of it.

Keep reading.................