I Forge Iron

This is a 'bridge' or 'railroad' anvil, getting it's name from the obvious bridge appearance. Most are of unkown makers and unmarked according to AIA. The markings on yours could be from the maker or the company logo that originally owned it. Good anvil, put it to work!

Looks exactly like mine; they seem to have been common in the old cable tool oil well days for repointing drillbits. I got mine in OK, a retired friend of mine's father used to use one in the oilfields of PA and I found one here in NM associated with an old cable tool rig out back of NM Tech---it's now in their Fine Arts Metals classroom.

Mine has a shield with some letters in it cast out of one of the ends. I'd need to make a tracing to figure out what it was though.

I just had mine cleaned up for use and was disappointed to find out that it was a cast iron and not a steel anvil---explains why it was so beat up and whey they were treating it as a "consumable" though.