I Forge Iron

anyone out there from Amarillo or Lubbock

There is a blacksmith in Lamesa listed the yellow pages of the Lubbock phone book. I called them to check if they do any teaching and the number had been disconnected. There are also several Ironworks listed but I think they mostly do gate and fence fabrication. You can find them doing a Google search of Ironworks Lubbock TX. Also, I have driven past a blacksmith shop in Crosbyton. I don’t know if they are still in business because every time I have been by was on the weekend. I did stop once recently to look in the window and they appeared to be still in operation. I have no contact information for them but they are on north side of 82 near the center of town.

Short of these resources the only things that I have found are books, videos, or one of the ABANA chapters in North Texas or Oklahoma.

If you do find anything please post it as I would also like to take some lessons.

Howdy from East TEXAS!!
If I may let me suggest this school G3 Blacksmithing Robb Gunter, the dad, is very well know in the blacksmith world. His sons run the school, Robb shows up on occasion, and the facilities are 2nd to none. This is the closest school I know of to you folks out there in 'no man's land' ;) Maybe the 2 of you, TexasIronworker and kubiack, could hook up and take a class together, saving on trip expenses and such.

Sandpile, as mentioned above, is a great guy and can swing a good hammer. He makes some beautiful knives and spurs. Maybe he will chime in here as he is a member also. Good luck to you both. And if either of you get over here in GOD's part of TEXAS give me a holler, my shop is always open.

• 2 weeks later...