I Forge Iron

Greetings from Florida

hesshaus

Hello, I'm the new guy. While I am not currently involved in blacksmithing, having sold all of my equipment with the exception of two good anvils and my favorite forging hammer, I still have a great interest in what is going on. Perhaps I will run across some of my old friends here.

I now live in Florida, having moved here at the end of 2001. My real name is Chuck Hess, also Charlie. I am originally from just outside Indianapolis, Indiana. I was quite active in the Indiana Blacksmithing Association for many years. I am also one of the founders of the group, Rural Smiths of America.

While active in what was going on in Indiana, I also was a regular at the Ohio groups big meeting each September at Emmert Studebaker's home just outside Tipp City. I also attended a number of monthly meetings in Tennessee. Add to that attendance at meetings in Georgia, Alabama, and Missouri. There was a bi-annual get together south of Atlanta, the name of which escapes me just know. If anyone knows the one I'm talking about, please remind me. It was a great event.

Most of the forging that I did was in ornamental ironwork, specializing in the Colonial Period. I very much enjoyed making those type of pieces.
E-mail me and let me know how you are. I'm looking forward to hearing from some of my old friends.

hesshaus