I Forge Iron

Welcome

Up-to-date schedule of events may be found at BGCM 2008 Schedule

May 2- 3 Civil War Living History Encampment
May 14 Open Forge 6-9 PM
May 17-18 BGCM Blacksmith Days, Contest Items: 1- Colonial Fire Shovel, 2- Kitchen Knife
May 23 Maryland Heartland Sustainable Living Fair

Jun 7 Spring Muster & Antique Fire Equipment
Jun 14 Fiddler's Convention
Jun 11 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Jun 28 BGCM Monthly Meeting, Trade Item: Junk/Recycle Materials Item

Jul 4 Old Fashioned 4th July Celebration
Jul 6-10 Living History Camp
Jul 9 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Jul 11-12 Common Ground on the Hill Music and Art Festival
Jul 13-17 Living History Camp
Jul 18 Surf & Turf Summertime Fun Festival
Jul 19 BGCM Monthly Meeting, Trade Item: BBQ Tool
Jul 20-24 Living History Camp

Aug 13 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Aug 16 BGCM Monthly Meeting Ice Cream Freeze Off, Trade Item: Ice Cream Scoop

Sep 5-6 MASA Metalsmiths Conference, Tuckahoe Steam & Gas Association
Sep 10 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Sep 11-13 Steam Show Days
Sep 19-20 Maryland Wine Festival
Sep 27 BGCM Monthly Meeting, Trade Item: Paper Towel Holder

Oct 3-4 Fall Harvest Days
Oct 8 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Oct 18 BGCM Monthly Meeting, Trade Item: Something from Sheet, Plate, or Pipe

Nov 12 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Nov 15 BGCM Monthly Meeting,Trade Item: Cheese Cutter

Dec 5-7 Holiday Tours
Dec 10 Open Forge 6-9 PM
Dec 11-13 Holiday Tours

Dec 12 BGCM Holiday Party
Bear Branch Nature Center
4pm Set-Up and Decorate 5:30 Dinner
Trade Item: Ornament
Hashawha Environmental Center,
300 John Owings Rd, Westminster

Dec 19 - 20 Forge Welding Class, Instructor: Bill Clemens
Information on blacksmithing courses offered by BGCM

BGCM Events and classes take place at the Carroll County Farm Museum

Carroll County Farm Museum
500 South Center Dr.
Westminster, MD 21157-5615
(800) 654-4645 • (410) 386-3880 -- 848-7775

Dave,
One reason for the change was for the ability to have exposure and promote our guild activities through the use of this forum. Also it may drive more of our membership to use iforgeiron as a resource for information that they did not know existed as well as any interguild information.

This is not to say that it will get used by a lot of our membership. Some will, some won't. When you built your forum it was more of a BGCM forum and limited interaction. I do hope that this didn't offend you, Dave.

Reb, you now need to place all the listed events on the IForgeIron calendar. This makes the information available to the general public, not just those reading your forum.

Dave, do not worry about it. You were just a little ahead of your time. (grin). Bottom line is the more input the group provides the better the BGCM forum will become. Be sure and take lots of photos from the BGCM events and I can create a folder in the IForgeIron Gallery. Anyone with photos from that event post them in one location so they can be viewed easily and in one place.

This is not to say that it will get used by a lot of our membership. Some will, some won't. When you built your forum it was more of a BGCM forum and limited interaction. I do hope that this didn't offend you, Dave.

Don't worry, I am not offended. I was just reflecting on the resistance of some poor souls to this useful technology. Hopefully, they will embrace this forum and the level of technology involved, in spite of the lack of apparent enthusiasm for the previous two or three (if you count the previous BGCM Forum, TWikipedia, and the BGCM Yahoo Group) attempts to offer electronic medium for sharing information. The membership of the Pennsylvanial Artist Blacksmith Guild don't seem to have embraced their web Forum either. I guess it will depend on the level of computer sophistication of the BGCM membership.

Also, by Thursday evening of each week, I am so sleep deprived that I beg the readers of anything I type to (my mind has just lost its ability of think of words) . I guess I had better go to bed.

I'm just checking in to say hello. I don't post here often, but I pop in on various forums as Jacob or JacobS. I'll have to post some pictures here of the gate I'm building. I'd hoped to have it ready for blacksmith days, but It's looking like it will be a few pieces short.

I'm building a 10' driveway-style gate for my backyard fence.

• 2 weeks later...