I Forge Iron

Russian made power hammer

It have actually motor. But without pulley. I need to find one. There are some broken oilpipes and switch.Basicly I turned big pulley and there was compression in it :)
And seller said it was working hammer before transporting and was now long time like on picture.
So hope dyes last :)
Andres

Don't know much about these but it looks like a good hammer. If it was mine the first thing I would do is mount it on some timbers to raise the level of the dies, so you don't have to bend over so far! Good for you on this one, hope everything works out for you.

Good find Andres.

I agree, raising the thing to comfortable working height is important especially if you value your back. It makes controlling the iron under the dies easier as well if a bar rests level naturally in your grip. You can also see easier which is a bit thing for me.

Frosty

Good tip-thanks.I need to think about my back more than usual because two weeks ago i fall 12 m from tree i was cutting shorter and broke some links in my back. Now niid to be most time horisontal and doctor said that this takes fiew months to be again in good shape.
Probably the dies must be so high that is possible to stay straight and hold the piece while working.
And good luck, Frosty, with your hammer!
Andres

Andres,
If you mean by ''links '' in your back as broken vertebrae, take heart. I did something similar almost 40 years ago, crushing 3 vertebrae in my back falling off a cliff. After several months in a brace I did recover, although an inch shorter. It never slowed me down with a full long career as a logger, fisherman, rock climber, long distance rower, carpenter, blacksmith and parent. Take care of your back!

Nice looking hammer, raise it up so the bottom die is about waist height.

Good luck and speedy recovery.

Raise it to the height of your forge, which like SGropp mentioned, would be waist high---less back strain. The hint here is to have your forge waist high also.;) Sorry to hear about your fall, man, you are blessed that is all you suffered, could have KILLED you from that height. Get well soon, your hammer waits!;)

Good point,Thomas Dean,and right time for me to hear it. My forge is outside now but i plan to build next year after finishing building strohbale haus,i am doing this year, a barn for my stuff. There i will make a new coal forge because i have now an old portable one.And it is LOW :)
And thanks again:)
Andres