I Forge Iron

Wine Bottle Holder

Here's a rough concept piece I was working on last night. Had never made grape leaves before so the two pictured actually took me a little more time and planning than I had originally thought but I feel they came out well. The rack is still missing two forge welded rings that I made but haven't yet attached. The bottle will slide in between the rings and the leaves will attach to them as well. Anyway, just figured I'd show a project in progress.

-J

13172.attach

Thanks for the comments so far.. I haven't tried making any corkscrews just yet, although I hear that door springs make excellent ones. Oh and as per using round stock, I agree completely, after looking at it something just didn't pop. Like I said though, this is a rough concept design and the steel itself will probably end up being something else in a few weeks. :)

Nice idea and it'll work out well.

Rd stock for sure. The little corkscrew thingies Tinbender was talking about are part of a grape vine. Though a matching corkscrew as part of the set is a fine idea.

The bottle should be held nearly horizontal or slightly cork down so it always has wine on it and doesn't dry out. Of course modern corks aren't so it may not make a difference anymore.

Frosty