I Forge Iron

Hello from Alberta

Zuk

Hi everyone Im Ryan from sunnybrook Alberta Im a heavy duty mechanic and farmer. Just got into blacksmithing cant remember why for the life of me. Im enrolled in an introduction to blacksmithing course in september at NAIT and in the meantime im trying to learn all I can and I managed to stumble across this site. Good to be here and im looking forward to learning from you all.

Welcome aboard Ryan, glad to have ya.

If you'll click "User CP" and edit your profile to show your location it'll make a big difference. IFI is represented by members from more than 50 countries and some info is location specific. And if folk in your area know you're there they can invite you to get togethers, tip you to tool deals and lend hands on help.

Frosty

Welcome fellow Canuck. you have come to the right place. Great people on here and all the information you can handle. Also you probably have noticed by Quenchcracks comments that some have a tendency to offer tid bits on the lighter side as well:D

Terry

Thanks for the warm welcome guys frosty I took your advice and added my location. And element I think you may be spot on there Ive always been intrigued by blacksmithing and like to be self sufficient and not have to rely on others if it isnt neccessary.