I Forge Iron

Champion blower ID

magikk

Hi Everyone ,I picked this champion blower up over the weekend. I got it for a good price I think $90 the worm gear need adjusted. The fellow I bought it off of got it in a deal with two others that he kept for himself.He was told by the man who sold it to him someone tried adjusting the worm gear and  didn't get it right do it wouldn't turn. So i figured I'd take a chance and see if I could get it running.I found so directions online as how to adjust things so I'll be working on that once I get the inside degreased and cleaned.The gears all look to be in good shape but the bronze gear seems to have a wobble to it Will the adjusting screws on the shaft help that at all? Now for my question believe it to be a model 400 but there is no 400 stamped on the outer fan cover.That and the handle isn't the same as a 400. Do I have the wrong handle on it..Thanks Mike

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again and thanks for all the response.I got the blower all back together,I had to adjust the bearings a few times on the fan shaft before I got them right.I kept over tightening them and it was hard to turn.So after loosening them up some It will coast about one turn.The crank arm does work fine and I think i'm leaving it as it is the red kind of grew on me. Thanks Mike