I Forge Iron

Can this be ID'd?

Its cast steel and there isn't a way to determine the age. I recently purchased one of the same size for our ABANA affiliate for use as a demo anvil. I was told it was old belonging to an old man's father. No way to know how old it is, but its still a really nice anvil. 

29 minutes ago, Fatfudd said:

If you google Vaughn's brooks anvil you can see their website.

I did that, thanks.  It does not appear to be used much at all...

32 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

most likely dates after the UK went on the metric system; so probably after 1965  (Though that was not a hard cutover by any means!)

Interesting...  I feel that it's not that old... But I have nothing to base that guess on! Lol

16 hours ago, Kenlude97 said:

I did that, thanks.  It does not appear to be used much at all...

Interesting...  I feel that it's not that old... But I have nothing to base that guess on! Lol

The UK hasn't properly switched over yet, we still use miles, most of use pounds and ounces, feet and inches. Our money went metric in 1971 if that helps.

9 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

it's folks still weighing themselves in stone that throws me for a loop....

Hard to believe it but there are atomic powered naval craft measuring speed in knots!:)

OK folks weighing themselves in stone who have PhDs in Astrophysics....  I still remember reading an old description of buying coal by the ton for heating, where the workers would weigh it by the CWT and place a stone on the ledge by the scale for each one and sometimes when a dog fight occurred in the yard some of the stones would get thrown and your order would be on the heavy side...