I Forge Iron

I'm off to the Iron Pour

Well I'm off to the Iron Pour over in New Mexico that is held next week. There are folk that come from Alaska (Frosty knows him) Florida, New York, California, well from all over. Just a very stimulating week making art and pouring iron on Friday. If you go to youtube and search for Jawrunner you will see a video of the pour from the past year(I'm the fat guy with a white beard and water bucket sitting on an I-beam). I think that they may have a live streaming video of the pour this year from Mesalands Community College. You may have to search for it, my wife never did find it last year, but if you find it the night shots are the best. If you have any time for thoughts and prayers for travel mercies they will be much appreciate as my health is not that good. My back is killing me.:cool:

Edited by Bentiron1946

• 2 weeks later...

The pour was a great success and of all things it snowed like crazy on the day of the actual pour. That was the first time my son was in a snow storm and at an iron pour.;) Imagine that twenty years old and not never been snowed on. I think the number of pounds of iron poured was close to 4,500 or so. High temperature of the day 35F so not much need of a water boy this year. Had a great time any way and not too much trouble from the back.:cool:

He did one above the arctic circle last year and said it depended on interest this year. He is putting one on here in Wasilla June 27. About 3 miles from our place. It's unlikely I'll go above the circle for a pour, we have a pygmy goat farm and critter sitters are available at an inverse ratio to the number of critters you have.

Frosty