I Forge Iron

Albany, NY Area Smiths

Not sure that this is the appropriate place to post this question, but it is definitely the most viewed, so... Who are the smiths in the Albany (Capital District), NY area and where are you located?

Now before you all give me links for the New York blacksmith websites, I have been to them and they seem to all be defunct, outdated, not kept up, and just really lacking.

I'm just wondering if there are others in my area that I can hook up with and see what they/you do. Don't get me wrong, this is a great forum, but I would like to get face time with people and see a forge in action and talk shop.

So please, if you know a smith in my area, could you please put me in contact with them just in case they don't get to this sight to much. It would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks.

Jeff once you make contact, please provide the information back to IForgeIron so we can update our lists. This included deleting those links that no longer work.

New York
Capital District Blacksmiths Association - CDBA
New York State Designer Blacksmiths
Northeast Blacksmiths Association - NBA

Try this one instead- New York State Designer Blacksmiths

Well I'm making headway. Someone in the immediate area has contacted me and has put me on a list to be notified of events. I was told they get together a few times throughout the year. Also there is the Farmers Museum in Cooperstown, NY that has a resident smith. That is not to far from me either.

So thank you everyone who insisted I try this person and that person. It is definitely panning out. :cool: