I Forge Iron

Introduction

Kentington

Hello. I am new here and to the metal arena. I am 25 and have a wife 2 kids and one on the way. I have a full time job and am going to school full time. I just heard about this site and have always been interested in creation, via wood/metal/drawing. I have access to some metal working objects at work but I do not have a forge or anvil. I am interested in getting started and breaking into the long process of bladesmithing. My particular interest is in making a straight razor. Post any advice or useful links, call me green, or kick me. Thanks.

Welcome to the gang Green or Kickme, glad to have ya.

If you'll click "User CP" at the top of the page and edit your profile to show your location it'll make it a lot easier for folk to get in touch with you with good tool deals, invite to gatherings and hands on help.

Below are some areas of IFI that will help you get up and forging.

IForgeIron.com > Getting Started

IForgeIron.com > Lessons in metalworking > Lessons in Blacksmithing

IForgeIron.com > Lessons in metalworking > Lessons in Blacksmithing > LB0008 Reference material

IForgeIron.com > Forum > Archive (Look for multiple pages 2,3,4 etc at the top of page. Pack a lunch and a cold drink before you go.)

IForgeIron.com > Blacksmithing Groups

Frosty