I Forge Iron

whipple trees help!

Hi everyone i need some input from you guys n gals, i have been asked to
make a set of draft horse whipple trees for a guys horse to use in coupling his horse to the various plows for farming, he has shown me a picture of one set but i would like to see some more sets of these trees to get an idea of the variation of designs that are out there. has any of you people made any or have pictures or web sites you can share with me on these.
thanks Aaron:confused:

Here we go with the Names Game again, Around here a Wiffle Tree is a rounded single tree that was used when hooked to the Hay Rope in a barn Mow to raise a load of hay up and into the mow with a single horse. If you are going to make a single tree to hook a horse to a walking plow, there are different lengths of them for different sized plows. A 12 inch plow takes a 32 inch single tree, a 14 inch plow a 34 inch single tree and a 16 inch plow takes a 36 inch single tree, also same measurements for a double tree when using a team and two single trees. 12 inch is about all a single horse can pull depending on the ground being plowed.

Draft horse drawn farming equipment and horse drawn vehicles

to me a whipple/whiffle tree is the center picture here.

Whipple-tree