I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing DVD's

belargehair

Mr. Hofi has an excellent one but not exactly sure how to get hold of it. You could PM him here as he is a member. Also, check the 'Tailgating' section here, maybe one listed. The UMBA, not sure of their web site addy, has DVD for sale at $5.00each, granted they are not professionally done but then for 5bucks you can't go too wrong. I bought a bunch several yrs back and have learned from each. Good luck.

I rent them through a place called smartflix. I think the Randy McDaniel - A Blacksmithing Primer 3 disk set with the book (which I got for Christmas), has to be the gold standard IMO. I've seen many but by far I liked his the most. Bill Epps also had a good tong dvd. Last but not least youtube is your friend. I've seen many tuts on there from building a forge to forge welding. I'll post some once I find the links.

Also, most blacksmith groups have a library that members can use. Go to [ABANA] The Artist Blacksmith's Association of North America, Inc. and find the affiliate in your area and JOIN!! that is if you are not already a member. Not only do you have access to their library but you have access to a group of live, fire pokin', metal working, blacksmiths ready to give you some hands on instruction...the best kind!

Hello,

The best DVDs I have seen are by Peter Parkinson (he's a Brit who teaches smithing in the UK and the USA). They are titled 'Artist Blacksmithing: Techniques in Action.'

They follow the same course as his excellent book and demonstrate everything clearly.