I Forge Iron

Kallsme

Kallsme

Roger: There are a few BIG forging shops still here in the US, but not many. I just told a friend about your site, so maybe he will get in touch with you. He works in an industrial shop. I LOVE those big hammers. The biggest I ever used was 300 lb (140K?). I have watched a few 500 lb and one 750 lb in action. I'm still trying to get my 200 lb mechanical running!

Your English is very good. Since I don't speak a bit of Swedish, I'm just grateful you speak English at all.

Hi Roger
It's Ian here, I'm really glad you decided to post! I told you your English was good didn't I 8)

I was VERY lucky to have met Roger in his workshop at Karlskoga and be given a tour of the site. To see what those hammers can do in person is absolutely AMAZING. If you get a chance to look at Rogers website and video you MUST, I haven't seen anyone else at all that free forges steel in the sizes that Roger does.
Roger is so skilled with those massive hammers that he can forge 2 inch (50mm) down to a quarter of an inch or less on a 500kg hammer (which is over 1000lbs!) without turning a hair. Just to make everyone jealous I had a go on one too :P
If anyone else gets the chance to go and see his workshop in person and if your really lucky he might just show you how to get a piece of cold 25mm (1inch) square bar orange hot in less than a dozen hits. It was a real privelige to see him work. This is a man who really knows his stuff.
Welcome to Iforgeiron Roger :D

Ian