I Forge Iron

hello from courtiron

courtiron

No matter how long anyone has been anywhere you can't be everywhere at once...and now I'm here. No more lurking...
I have been been a plumber for 40 years and have been welding at work almost that long, mostly pipe and fixtures. I have been a ham radio operator on and off since 1964... xxxx that's a long time. I hope to be around for a few more years yet. I have been interested in metal since I can remember. My dad taught me to gas weld when i was about 12 years old. Seems like I have been a gear head for ever. Not that that's bad or anything. Computers since the TRS-80 and black and white photography since the early sixty's. xxxx... I am old!
All that knowledge (lol:tic]) and I still learn something every day, but I am looking forward to formal retirement so that I can pursue my hobbies full time. Just repaired a Miller XMT-304 that my company tossed and recently bought a induction heater. New toys are important. See ya at Quad States next year!
Paul

Edited by courtiron
spelling error, what else...

Welcome Paul!
Be sure to click on the User CP link so you can enter your location. This will show up with each post and makes an amazing difference in the help that can be offered as you have questions!

You'll find smiths of every skill level and style and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Look forward to seeing you around IFI!
James