I Forge Iron

New Forge complete

oldewrench

Just finished a new gas forge from the blueprint section of iforgeiron. it seems to work well but I can't get the barbecue ignition to work. It will spark but won't ignite the gas. Any suggestions or ideas? With the help from a buddy who is a welder we managed to make something that will help me get started in blacksmithing. Any ideas for this newbie would be appreciated, thanks.

10336.attach

10337.attach

10338.attach

10339.attach

10340.attach

10341.attach

10342.attach

Hmm..let me see, nope,nope, that won't work...send it all to me and I'll try to tweak it for you.;)

Seriously, you have a good start, with some nice looking gear, both made and bought. Now, get after it and hit some hot metal. I really like the cart setup for the forge. GOOD JOB!

-aaron c.

Thanks guys.
Frosty, where should I reposition the igniter to?
I built the forge on an old cart I got from a customer that i remodeled part of their house. This way I can roll it out of my woodworking shop, into the 10 degree weather to heat the metal, and then step into the shop where the anvil is to hammer. It will have to work until spring. In Vermont that is July!!!