I Forge Iron

New on the block

rockriver forge

Hello everyone, looks like I'm the new guy on the block. My name is Roger, I've been blacksmithing for about 5 years now. I started under my Sugar Maple tree in the back yard. I live in town and thank God I have great neighbors. As I'm sure everyone knows how starting a coal forge can sure fog a neighborhood. I was waiting to hear the local fire department pull up to my front door. Since then I moved my shop to the edge of town, to an old cinder block building with brokenout windows (great ventalation) and snow drifts on the floor. But it suits me fine. I have alot of fun out there doing projects, and just getting the shop set up. I haven't been able to enjoy the shop the past few days because of the weather we've been getting here in Wisconsin, did I mention the windows? Anyway I glad to be on board. I look forward to help and be helped from my fellow blacksmiths. Talk to you soon. Roger