I Forge Iron

jackpine hammers

Nathan makes a very nice hammer - I use a few that he has made. I think I have 5 or 6 different styles he made. I have met him quite a few times at different events and have had the pleasure of attending a hammer making class we had him put on for our blacksmithing group. Nathan has sold many many hammers and has many many satisfied customers. Keep up the good work Nathan :-) - JK

I have to second what was written above about Nathan. Nathan makes a quality hammer in a variety of styles. I have 7 different hammers that he has made and they are both well made and comfortable. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Nathan and talking with him on the phone several times. He is giving a hammer class in Lafayette, LA on the 13 of December at the local university. I plan on attending and look forward to it.
Thanks
Bryan

me likeum both kinds shown :) i might invest n one of those rounding hammers. I'm building my arsenal one at a time. I started with a swedish, and like its feel. Now I've got a hofi style left diag. It will take some getting used to, but I've already found it handy (and that it almost necessitates his suggested stance/orientation). A rounding is next on the list, and with those three alone I feel I would be well equipped. In an ideal world I'll have a hammer from all the big names. Not because the "Tool makes the..." (an apt phrase though) but as a... documentary of this era in blacksmithing I suppose?

Edited by JosephPrivott

I agree, Nathan makes great hammers of all sizes and styles. He lives in northern Minnesota as I do,and mostly sells at blacksmithing events. I have known him for many years and I have one of the first ones he made as well as others. You won't be disappointed. Chuck.