I Forge Iron

San Antonio Blacksmiths

divermike

Fellow blacksmithaholics,
I just arranged a speaking gig in San Antonio in January, I was wondering if I might visit some smiths while I am there, I have all my accomodations paid for, so this is just a during the day stop by, lookyloo kinda visit, share some stories etc. maybe enjoy a beer together, Let me know. Thanks.

*WHICH* San Antonio will you be at; there are a number of them in the USA with San Antonio TX being the much better known one.

San Antonio NM is about 600 miles from San Antonio TX (NM also has a Columbus which is over 1500 miles from Columbus OH and a Las Vegas which is a great disappointment for folks looking for the "strip") And not to forget San Antonio Puerto Rico...

Edited by ThomasPowers

Westin La Cantera-the only hotel I have ever been lost in...It is a really nice place-but built like a maze. My previous employer had company parties there several times per year. I am not a golfer, but I drove a golf cart around the course-pretty incredible stuff. It may be too cold in January, but they have one hell of a resort type pool too. Probably the nicest hotel in San Antonio.
Have fun and safe travels.

• 1 month later...

I got to see the Alamo and the Riverwalk, did not have time to do much more, no spurs, but it was a business trip, the La Cantera is a cool place, the Texas Valero Open is played there, Nice course, the corp paid for a round, very nice. Sorry I could not get away to come visit your forge, just not enought ime in the days here. Good mexican food here though, sure have missed that since I left California. Like your airport too, easy in / out, and free wireless, that's where I am now, listening to musaac on the speakers, agggg!!