I Forge Iron

Spalted Maple Bowie

kbaknife

Here's a 7 1/2" Short Bowie forged in 1084 with some of that miraculous End-grain Spalted Maple. This stuff is just so fantastic.
Being end-grain, the stabilizing activity only needs to go about 1/2 inch or so, since it's going laterally through the material! Literally turns this handle into one SOLID piece of material. It's even difficult to file.
Mild steel take-down fittings are faceted with polished and flattened surfaces, and then hot blued.
I opted to not etch the blade, but rather, gave it an 800 hand rubbed finish.
Headed for the Ohio Show!

9245.attach

Karl,

You do mighty nice work. It's a real pleasure to look at your creations.

May I ask what a piece like this will sell for?

I don't want to turn this into a "For Sale" thread and get in trouble, so I'll just suggest that you click on my web site and go to the "Available Knives" section.
Thank you for your interest.

I don't want to turn this into a "For Sale" thread and get in trouble, so I'll just suggest that you click on my web site and go to the "Available Knives" section.
Thank you for your interest.

You offer very competitive prices for the level of craftmanship. One would be hard pressed to find similar work at a similar cost.