I Forge Iron

Refractory purchase in Arkansas.

I'm in SW Arkansas and looking for some refractory. Satanite, or Kastolite30 both come highly recommended. Anybody know where I can buy some? REALLY trying to avoid massive shipping charges.

I did find FS Perry in HotSprings, but they only advertise Plibrico brand, which I'm not familiar with. May have other options, but I'm gonna have to talk to them to find out. OR maybe someone is familiar enough with Pilbrico products to steer me?

There's a RAB in Texarkana, but it looks more like a service than supplies.

Try calling a furnace repair company and ask where they buy their refractories. Call that company and ask if they carry what you're looking for if not who does.

When I say "call" I mean ON THE TELEPHONE, trying to contact them online, via email, etc. is a good way to get ignored unless you're looking to make a big buy. 

Be polite, and direct with your questions, don't tell a story. Their time is valuable so don't waste it on trivial stuff. If I'm looking for one out of say 3 possibly useful products I make a list in order of preference before calling. I leave several spaces between lines so I can jot down notes. 

Finding what you need on the telephone is WAY more productive than a website's contact page. It's an acquired skill though and really helps if you're a likable Bull Shooter.:rolleyes:

We DO however have a number of Arkies on the forum, I expect you'll hear from them soon as they see your question.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm pretty sure there are some pottery supply stores in your area, Up here there is a store over the Missouri line that stocks most of what we used in our forge.

I did a google search for "pottery ceramic supplies pike county ar" and three popped up around Little Rock.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

Edited by Irondragon Forge ClayWorks
google search