I Forge Iron

any guesses ?

yt12

getting this ready for a clean-up---------this style is about as generic as it gets------5" jaws, only marking is "MADE IN USA" with a blank badge above it ------im guessing whoever made this badged for a number or sellers----bunch o folks have this vise on their bench !---pure curiosity, anyone have this vise ? any guesses as to who the maker is ? 

20231209_114859.jpg

I don't believe this. I have had this 5 1/2 inch jaws vise for three decades. I replaced my other vise, after breaking off the movable jaw like Frosty described in another post. Trying to install u-joints on the drive shaft from my 1953 M38A1 Willy's Overland Jeep. Are you sure someone didn't sneak into my shop to see it. It's only the second one I've seen without the C in a triangle. Oh this vise did install the u-joints.:D I bought it at Race Brothers Farm & Home in Harrison AR.

100_2364-1.thumb.jpg.94e0b7c64cdfc4c1cc70d318607c8970.jpg

100_2363.thumb.JPG.4b97afe12a7a9707cab20a078eb00bf3.JPG

100_2366-1.thumb.jpg.dd129ce6cebe99d706e7e815ea94377c.jpg

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

heehee-----dont check for prints  !!  ill bore you with the tale------got this and the 6" FPU at a farm auction prob 20 years ago-----before anvil prices went crazy -----and long before vise prices went crazy....still remember the auction was held in a field, after days of rain....these went near the end of the day , few bidders left  and i could sense NO ONE wanted to carry them out through the mud-----got the pair for 26 $ !!!!!............both in beautiful  shape other than some surface rust--------FPU weighs 100 lb plus.....