I Forge Iron

Unusual farrier pattern anvil - Columbian? - trying to identify

Purchased this anvil a few years ago for $300, but never really dug into the identification of it. It's a farrier pattern, with slim waist, long tail, double pritchel, long narrow face (3.25"x14"), clip horn on the table, and markings and styling that suggest it's a Columbian, but it doesn't match the recessed C logo in an upside down triangle I see everywhere. Mind you it still has a C in an upside down triangle but it's raised/outlined (can't find a similar logo treatment). The base has an "M" on the horn side and an "S" on the tail side. It weighs 108 lbs, is 24.5 inches long, 9.5 inches high, rings long and pure like a bell, and has good rebound. Looking online I can't find much like it. Any help identifying what this is? Or how old it is? Is it an actual Columbian? It's certainly old and has patterns of wear in the center and by the pritchels that suggest a lot of use, but that's about all I have to go off of. What kind of unicorn anvil is this thing?

s80e883r6v8b1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

r4fi363r6v8b1.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg

2aacr53r6v8b1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

j8hzn63r6v8b1.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg

Welcome aboard Twunchy, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many members live within visiting distance. 

I haven't seen an anvil quite like her but she's in fine shape. I don't believe Columbian cast their own anvils so getting the triangle upside down or perhaps having it cast for a retailer like Montgomery Wards or Sears, etc. isn't unusual. She's got some wear on her but I don't see many if any missed blows. 

Treat her half that well and your grandkids will pas it to their kids and brag about GrandDad the blacksmith.

Nice score, sorry I'm no real help on age or maker.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. It's definitely a Colombian anvil, their logo is an upside down triangle with the C in the middle. If you google columbian anvil the first hit is Anvilfire with the story about them. Also Ike Doss my mentor's 400 pound Colombian had the same logo as yours. It's made from cast Swedish steel from about 1925 till 1990's.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus