I Forge Iron

I managed to find old Hesselman hand crank blower and good thick old fire pot

pagas

Hello from Estonia , i managed to find old Hesselman hand crank blower and good thick old fire pot ,so question is how to i connect them in a way that oiling cap stay up position  ,and what kind of frame/hood fabrication i should use

any info about blower maker and fire pot would be appreciated also

Welcome aboard from 7500 feet (2284 meters) in SE Wyoming, USA. Glad to have you.

I assume that by "firepot" you mean the central part of the forge which holds the fire.  In English, this is often called "the duck's nest."  You may want to look at the threads regarding JABOD (Just A Box Of Dirt) forges.  You may be able to modify something like that to install your firepot.  Jabod forges are cheap and easy.

I'm not sure about your question regarding the oiler.  I assume that it is part of the blower.  Pictures would help.  Is it a hand crank blower or one with a motor?  You generally don't need a constant oil feed on a hand crank blower.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Welcome to posting from the Ozark mountains. That looks like a real beast of a blower, first time I have seen one. It should supply plenty of air for sure.

We won't remember your location hence the suggestion to edit your profile and add it there. I just did a search as suggested in the Read This First thread and was amazed that there were no threads listed.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails. ~ Semper Paratus

i have couple of treadle forges that i cleaned up and use, but the hand crank blower and so big fire pot i come across first time , so there i get the idea put them together and maybe even ad side draft hood  into a mix

I have been lurking in dark corner of the forum for couple of years ,and read up the old topics there are just so much knowledge to accumulate and shift through 

Glad you delurked Pagas, Pleased to make your acquaintance. I can't really see the fire pot well enough to make suggestions but the output side of the blower is pretty standard. A length of flexible ducting is what works for most folks that don't have blowers and forges with matching connector.

Frosty The Lucky.

if i put ruler across the firepot it measure abtoximatly 45 cm ,and the pot is 12 cm thick,  the  curved depresion  is 8 cm  and the opening with clinker breaker is 6 cm ,
overall height of the fire pot and the clinkerbreaker system is 35 cm

the air pipes in blower and firepot ar similar  size  8,5 cm

Any and all suggestion what kind of frame i should build for the forge would be appreciated

And is there 
forge building topics i should read, that contain frame fabrication??