I Forge Iron

Glass Fest

Scott NC

I went to a glassblowing demo/festival recently.  While not blacksmithing, it was interesting to see them working as a team as blacksmiths sometimes do.  And with fire....  I love watching talented people do what they do.  The first demo they made a human heart of all things.  I tried to get a photo of it but they shoved it right into an oven too fast.  I wanted to ask about slumping glass into metal but didn't learn much.   It was at an artist colony and they offer a (too) basic blacksmithing class, but plan to expand on that in the future, so I'm keeping an eye on them.

IMG_0857.thumb.jpg.6b4f380abcbb1a0881fc0cf9e1875ad6.jpg

c1_20230304_13324244.thumb.jpeg.6acd7ac19f112692399200d93fbb00d0.jpeg

c1_20230304_13394180.thumb.jpeg.c7aeff92c75e91fdffe21bdefc58a8e3.jpeg

Latticino, it was at a place called Starworks in Star, NC.  It's a small place but they have a gallery/giftshop and workshops.  Thanks, I did not know it had to get in the  annealer so fast.  I was expecting them to hold it up for us to see.  There was quite a lot of people there, I'm going back, they hold regular events.