I Forge Iron

The Lone Ranger....

JPH

Well not exactly...It's his side-kick...(OK bad pun..running for cover)

Just finished this one this AM....boy it feels great to be back to work...Did this for book IV. I tell ya the Japanese section is growing....and growing..sheesh....Anyway.....

Blade is 11" forged from some tahamagane iron I made out back, scraped in the Naginata-Hi (what a pain...boy forging them in is easier by a long shot...), made the blade in the "naginata style" just for grins and giggles...

Black silk ito wrap on the tsuka over white samegawa with black silk sageo (I am still learning tsukamaki so give me a break)... I "salvaged" the kashirae from a "El Cheapo" tanto..and they are very NICE..the best part of the thing, (which is why I bought it to begin with).... The Siya is gold leaf under cracked black lacquer (this took me almost two weeks and I just found out this morning that they got stuff that can do this in like two hours...(figures huh?? My luck strikes again..) sealed it with three coats of clear lacquer.

I am finishing up a "red" one later this afternoon. All in all I think it turned out rather spiffy, and well, thought I would share...One of them will be going up on the webiste the other for that show here in Las Vegas this coming January...

So I think it didn't turn out too bad at all...

Oh the kanji mei is Hage Bokatsu ..(Bald Educated Barbarian) along with my 8R chop....just to be confusing...

JPH

8128.attach

8129.attach

8130.attach

8131.attach