I Forge Iron

CNC plasma cut motorcycles

tmate

In my retirement years (age 83) I have been occupying myself by cutting out 2D replicas of British and American motorcycles.  I've done about 25 so far.  The shapes are approximately 19" long, and are cut from 1/8" thick (11 gauge) mild steel with my small home-made CNC plasma table.  I/ve cut out a few cars and other shapes, as well.  Hopefully you can recognize some of them.

Painted Vincent.JPG

no lights.jpg

45 in window.JPG

Harley Model K.JPG

300SL 1_6mb.jpg

Cobra 2mb.jpg

IMG_4361.JPG

2x2 CNC Plasma.jpg

I create the desired shape in CorelDraw, and my laptop computer moves the plasma torch along two perpendicular axes simultaneously to execute the cut.  I would say 3/8" would be the maximum thickness for steel.

Edited by Mod30
Excessive quoting

Welcome aboard tmate, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll have a better chance of meeting up with members living within visiting distance. I REALLY like your hobby and not just because you cut my long time dream car the Gull wing, 300 SL Mercedes, it's cool on all counts. Especially cool on the mantel.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome from the Ozark mountains. I think I recognize two cycles I have owned as a youngster A BSA Gold Star Clubman 500cc and A Triumph Trophy 500cc. Not sure but the last car looks like an Austin Healey I had back in the day too. But those memories are 60+ years old.