I Forge Iron

Hi guys!

theimi

Using this forum to introduce myself...
I'm a german artist blacksmith living and working in Somerset West, Cape Town, SA.

I'm busy building a website at the moment which (i hope) will go online sep/beginning oct. Will let u know...

Hope to find some smithing guys in the CT area, as we are really seldom in (South) Africa...

Cheers
Frank "Theimi" Theimer

Nice to know about you. Yes I know a couple of blacksmiths around Cape Town ( mostly from online) and we had my friend Volker (also German) visiting Johannesburg for the Wheels on the Vaal blacksmithing event this last weekend.
If you send me your contact details I can ask him to contact you.

By the way we had a great time at Wheels this year, working together on a friendship gate.
Anyway, I hope to see some input from the Cape Guys to this forum as well. It would be nice if we could broaden our base and create a meaningfull blacksmithing community in our country.
Welcome, Frank.

Wim

Hi Wim,

thanks for the welcome... will send you PM with my details shortly as i'm so busy at the moment. have built a demo trailer over the cold winter months and must get ready as the flowershow-/festival-/arts- and crafts fair time is coming now...
I'm planning to go out nearly every weekend this season to make lots of PR for the blacksmithing craft & community...
A selfish reason is that too less SA folks know what a blacksmith is and i'm & my qoutes often get compared to the messy welding shops from which you find dozens at any corner...

cu
frank

Welcome Theimi

Good to hear about other blacksmiths in SA. I know of Conrad Hicks down in Cape Town, great guy who has been doing blacksmithing for a long time.
Conrad Hicks artist blacksmith if you want to visit his site.
Or maybe go see him his workshop is in Cape Town, adress is on his site.
Hope this helps!

cheers
Andre

Welcome Theimi
Nice to hear from all you guys.
I would like to find out more on what you are planning to do at the shows .
Are you doing demo's,selling items or something else?
I am planning a demo and display on Saturdays .Would like to hear what kind of things to forge that sells.
Enjoy every moment!!!!!!!

Lukas

• 4 weeks later...

Nice om van jou te hoor, hoelank doen jy al smeewerk, Het jy al 'n werksplek ingerig enso, forge gebou? Enige foto's van jou werk sover? Sal oulik wees om 'n bietjie te sien wat jy al gemaak het.
Ek het so 2 jaar gelede begin met hierdie stokperdjie, en intussen al heel wat ouens ontmoet, so 15 min of meer. Laat weet as jy kontakte soek, jy kan my mail op wim@pfe-online.co.za of bel op 083 263 7325. Sal nice wees om van jou te hoor,
Slat hom met 'n yster lat hy luister! Wim