I Forge Iron

Could use a hand with a post drill id

Good to meet everyone.

this is my first post. I picked up this post drill a while back and have recently gotten around to messing with it. I was hoping someone could help ID it. Only thing I can find on it is "Champion Forge Co, Lancaster PA" on the right side if facing it and "Warranted" on the left side. No model I can find, at least prior to disassembly. It resembles a a 96 but there are some distinct differences in, what I believe, is a quick return system. I have scoured pics and period ads for these and have yet to find one that exactly matches.

20221124_120904.thumb.jpg.ff2b2cc30e862d74f2d1dd12ae972755.jpg

20221124_120840.thumb.jpg.48bc2a5c65ad47f838145fa444e65044.jpg

20221124_120832.jpg

The only place my Champion 101 is marked with the model #, is on the arm that cams the ratchet pawl back & forth.

100_2098.thumb.JPG.54f7e3b426a65c2ecfe64279b6da238e.JPG

If you haven't seen the 1926 # 52 catalog here it is.

Champion Blower and Forge Co Catalog No 52 1926.pdf

Edited by Irondragon ForgeClay Works
add pdf

Thanks for the welcome and the catalog. Nice drill. I have a question for some folks. If you look at the reverse gearing, the teeth are stripped pretty bad. The forward gearing is fine. Any input in reference to having teeth rebuilt or having the whole gear re made? Not being a machinist I have seen both done but I have no idea what would be a more logical inquiry. I haven't had a chance to touch base with the few machinist acquaintances I have. 

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, one machinist friend of mine forwarded me to a company called Motion Systems INC in Michigan who he spoke highly of. I spoke to a helpful fella and this may be a viable lead as they offer repair and re work services. I made contact and they were quite pleasant. Of course cost is yet to be established as I have not begun the disassembly process. I need to send the gears to them for evaluation, which is a logical request. I have another acquaintance who is a machinist at another local shop I need to check with before I send the parts off. I will keep you guys and gals updated.