I Forge Iron

yatagan knife-construction advice original drawings dimensions.

angiolino

if it were possible I would need some information, I would like to build a Russian or Romanian knife"yatagan knife"

I think it is a Russian hunting knife for bears or maybe it was used by Romanian or Eastern European gypsies I don't know where it came from, but I didn't find the size or the design of the original blade, the drawings on the net look like Filipino bayonets or kucri , let me know thanks I would like to try my hand as a cutler, what material should I use, suspensions crossbow do you think is suitable, and the handle and the grip. thank you.

Ятаган "Янычар", Ножи, Альметьевск,  Фото №1

in a photo he says that it is an Ottoman saber, it is not clear.

Ятаган малый Кизляр Янычар купить в Краснодаре, в Ростове на Дону, в Крыму,  Сочи, Новороссийске, Анапе

The yatagans I have seen online and in museums look very little like what you have in your photos (more like the below).  They are long, slender with a slightly swept down point and slight belly.  As far as I know these Turkish/Ottoman blades are available in a variety of lengths, from long knife up to medium size sword, and typically have a distinctive handle that includes pronounced "ears".  Very little like the photos you have.  Perhaps you want a different type of blade.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think your translator program may have failed a little and you are asking if a "vehicle leaf spring" can be used for blade stock.  The answer is yes, with a caveat: it is best if you source unused leaf springs, which can sometimes be found from repair spring shops.  As you may know the forging of a blade is only a very small part of the process, with knifemaking requiring an understanding of metallurgy, grinding/stock removal, heat treatment...  If this is your first blade, I would recommend something easier and shorter.  A yatagan is a fairly advanced form IMHO.

sorry if I disturb, by chance you would have a drawing with the measurements, I would like to make the shape with a cardboard paste it on the foil and trace it and remove the excessive metal, the handle maybe I do it in wood sorry if I disturbed you but on the net if not it is prudent an infinite number of news comes out, maybe I should use a Russian site rumemo of Cossacks or gypsies thanks again and sorry if I disturbed you greetings angelino greetings to all. thanks for your precious time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri

Kukri%2C_karda_%26_chakmak.jpg

There are innumerable different configurations and sizes for Kukhri.  My recommendation is to find one you like the image of online then sketch it to the scale you want it to be that fits your blade stock (if you are going purely stock removal).  These are typically pretty thick as they are "choppers" not "slicers".  Google "Himalayan Imports" for a decent crossection of what is available.  If sketching it is too much work for you I'm not sure that you should take up making it in steel.

As a starting point you could look at this drawing of the classic British Army issue version: 

jpeg&quality=85