I Forge Iron

Fontanini Anvil -- the fall and rise

JHCC

On January 6, 2022, John Switzer of Black Bear Forge reported in a YouTube video that Steve Fontanini had told him personally that he had sold the anvil-making side of his business. Unfortunately, the people who bought it have suspended sales, so Fontanini anvils were -- at the time, at least -- no longer available.

On March 3, 2022, John posted another YouTube video in which he stated that Steve is back in the anvil business, having secured the remaining stock from the foundry. On February 18, Steve himself commented on his Facebook page:

Retirement be [expletive deleted]!
The guys I sold my anvil business to closed it down and owed the foundry a bunch. So I am back at it.

Steve apparently no longer has access to the old Fontanini Anvil and Tool website, and his new site address on John's second video doesn't appear to be working at present. I suppose one might contact him through his "Steve Fontanini Blacksmith" Facebook page, and I've reached out to him to see if he has a preferred method of contact that I could share here. I'll post more when I know more.

Okay, Steve got back to me, and I now know more. The best way to reach him is via his email. He plans to update his old Steve Fontanini Blacksmith website soon with information about anvils and such; at the moment, it's primarily photos of his past smithing work (which is, let's be honest, also very much worth looking at).