I Forge Iron

Does anyone recognize the make of this anvil?

I'm browsing local sale websites for deals and I noticed this anvil and swage up for sale for a price you'd see for an anvil on it's own. The lots being sold for €500.

I wonder if anyone recognizes the make of the anvil?

I'm thinking the paint may not be original as the swage and cart has it too.

I asked the seller about the weight, any marks or branding and what he knows about it, waiting on a response.

Based on the ruler the face is approx 14" long, 4.25" wide, the horn approx 6.5" long, the plate about 2.5". About 23" in length, 4.25" in width? Its hard to tell how tall it would be

anvil1.jpeg

anvil2.jpeg

anvil3.jpeg

anvil4.jpeg

If the price includes the swage block, the cart, the fuller, the tongs, and the coal shovel, get thee thence, test the ring and rebound, and if it's in good shape, buy it. The manufacturer is irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, JHCC said:

If the price includes the swage block, the cart, the fuller, the tongs, and the coal shovel, get thee thence, test the ring and rebound, and if it's in good shape, buy it. The manufacturer is irrelevant.

I'm very much leaning this way - it looks like a great kit, and I'm just starting out. I do already own an anvil but there's a couple of us and this has a lot of extras. Thanks for the advice.

26 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Blue was Brooks IIRC; but as you say the paint could be a later add on.  Test: ring and bearing ball test; if good jump on it. If ok: Haggle!

Thanks for your answer! The seller responded, it might have been done by his father after acquiring at an auction.

I'll research Brooks and hopefully see something close.

Lovely, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try these out on my own anvil for a reference and check online.