I Forge Iron

Need help identifying my recently purchased anvil.

52 minutes ago, Irondragon ForgeClay Works said:

It would help to know where in the world you are located. Hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show it. If it has good rebound and rings over the entire face it looks like a good anvil that has done a lot of work over the decades. How much does it weigh?

Sorry about that, just updated my profile. I am in Michigan and purchased the anvil locally. 

It is a 90 pounder. 

Edited by Mod30
Remove excessive quote.

A picture of the underside of the base may help with a clue. To me it looks to be old, so I doubt it's an ASO (anvil shaped object, cast iron without a hardened face). I hope you have read about not doing any grinding, milling or welding to the face. I wonder if the gray paint might hide some markings.

To me it does look like an ASO; they were selling them over 100 years ago in the sears catalogs as the low cost options, the top of the line were rebranded HB's or Trenton's at times! (The difference was that they didn't claim that they were "professional blacksmith grade anvils"; they sold them for what they were.)

So does the anvil ring when tapped?