I Forge Iron

The Dutchman says hello

Deimos

I started out welding pressure tanks and since that factory only had machines that where at least 20 years older then me, and i was the youngest guy there, i also did al the maintenance. Learned a lot about machines there and decided i wanted more then just welding and grinding (welds that are x-rayed need to be free of any imperfections, so you will grind every layer except for the last one)

Then i started working for a company that builds mobile cranes, learned about hydraulics and assemble there. Also did some more welding since i was one of the few guys who could actually read a mechanical design plan.

After that the economic hit pretty hard and i had to work many many jobs, assembly of internal transportation systems, maintenance on farm equipment, assembly and testing of motion systems, and lastly as a cycle mender. After that the crisis ended and i got to work as a hydraulic mechanic/designer for a few years.

But as with all things, if you cant continue to learn a job gets boring, so when i got a chance to start as a electrician working with big road cleaning vehicles and garbage trucks. It was a pretty cool company, but with no option for growth (people tend to close doors when they see that you can do their job better then they can)

So after that i got the chance to learn Eplan and start working as a Eplan Engineer, been almost 3 years now and it was one of the best choices i ever made.