I Forge Iron

Where to find power hammers

Good day, 

I have been blacksmithing on the side for about a year now. I have been able to find most of my tooling such as anvils, fullers, forge supplies, but I am wanting to upgrade my shop a bit. I would like to get some heavy machinery, a power hammer, a press, etc. That being said I am having trouble finding these tools. In the area that I live tools like that are not common. How do you guys suggest I find some of these tools at a reasonable price. I would like to get a hammer that was factory made, but it does not have to be in great shape. I can rebuild it if need be, but i don't want a homemade setup. 

50# LG was mentioned for sale over at an armour making web site.  Of course if you are living in Australia it won't help you any as it was for sale in the USA...

Are you willing to pay international shipping for items weighing over a ton?

As for a suggestion LIST YOUR LOCATION!

7 hours ago, Boggy Bottom Forge said:

In the area that I live

Since this is a world wide forum with members from about 150 countries, it is imperative to know where in the world you are located to give answers to most questions. Hence the suggestion to edit your profile to show location.

At this time the only suggestion I can come up with is to start a thread in the Tailgating section. Be sure and read the Rules for Posting there first.