I Forge Iron

hopefully first of many

mustang 12

hi everyone i live in scotland ,am a metalwork junky cant get enough of it,i built my forge from the old cast iron water tank we took out the pumphouse,started life as a side draught ,but kept burning pipe away .changed to bottom blast then needed stronger blower with more pressure .did a deal with my neibour for a leaf blower,rigged up with a dimmer switch workes quite well,iv been playing with some bits of chain this week,welding the links up so there solid,rapping them round a piece of pipe and welding them up so there in a spiral,has anybody else tryed experimenting with chain apart for sand m purposes of course,thinking about welding abit up,puttin it in the forge and twisting it up and see what ya get

Welcome Mustang!

Sounds like you're off to a great start - you're diving right in and doing it!

You'll find the folks and the info here to be a great help so don't be shy about asking any questions you may have.

What part of Scotland do you live in? There may be some locals who you can tap for more help too.

Howdy form East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! You might want to kick you shoes off, grab something to eat and drink, and enjoy! Tons of information and even more pictures!
May I direct you to the green bar at the top of the page, click on "User CP" and update your profile giving your location. It will appear anytime you have a question and/or comment and we can help each other better this way. Shoot, you probably have a working blacksmith just right up the road! ;) Once again, welcome. Don't forget, we like PICTURES!!