I Forge Iron

Trenton 5 1904 leg vise

Lloyd

Im looking for information and I found your website.

I have, what was told to me as, a leg vise. the marking I can see are, "Trenton" "5" and 1904" The leg vise does have issues (no chain & cracked shoulder) I can not find any information on this piece or possible price range. any information would be greatly appreciated. L

This is like asking "My car is a 4 door Ford and was in an accident; how much is it worth?"

We would need some good pictures to see how much the issues will affect the price and know what country it's in to even guess at a price. Shoot prices can vary quite a bit even within a country much less say the UK vs Australia vs Chile vs Finland, World Wide Web you know.

The vise you have is a Fisher, made in Trenton NJ. I believe the chain is still available although not made for Fisher vises but will require some fitting. I can't see the damage in the pictures, don't know what you are calling the shoulder, so don't know if it is repairable. I'm sure others who are more familiar with the Fisher's will be along shortly. I did a quick search like this on Google Trenton vise iforgeiron.com and came up with several threads, this is but one. (substitute fisher for Trenton for more threads)

Thank you, the 3rd & 5th pictures show the damage. I'm calling the shoulder where the main bolt screws past the last portion of the lower housing. I was also concern of, what looks to me to be separation or cracking, of the jaw (picture 6) again sorry about the terms I am using. I am not familiar with forging or tools used in the craft. I due appreciate your time and response.