I Forge Iron

Bahco info???? please???

i have been looking for a small to medium mechanical hammer recently. very few around in australia. have got onto a bahco "vulkanus" 802 hammer. made around 1904. has anyone got any info. all i know is it is swedish. what rpm and what hp motor to spin her with? ta.

Hello!

My first post this, im a 15 years old boy from sweden so my english is not so god. But i hope you should understand. Im have andso come over a old BACHO 802 who im working to renovate. The BACHO hammers is made in many modells in a period from around year 1900 to about 1964 i think. The most popular modells is 801, 802, and 803 who is exactly equal hammers but in diffrent sices. The 801 with a hammerweight of 30 kilo, 802 with 50 kilos and 803 with 85 kilos.
The modell 812 had hammerweight over 100 kilo. The 808 is the budget modell and have no adjustable "strikelenght" and is ust more simple.
The BACHO hammer is in sweden nown as something of the triphammers "rolls-royce" with much adjusts and a working tempo who is more exactly like an airhammer than the usal triphammers.

About the 802 hammer:

Total weight: 1393 kilo
Weight of hammerhead: 50 kilo
Weight of the anvil: 412 kilo
Neaded power of the motor: 3 horsepowers in normal use, fore maximal power 5,25 horse powers
rpm: 250 - 300

Im have cast a concrete foundation in my shop, i can upload some pictures and information about it son.

God luck!

//Bj

hi there,
i am now the proud owner of the vulkanus hammer. it says model 858 on the side. total weight of about 800 kegs and have weighed the hammer "head" in at 24 kilos. will be kept busy for some timere metalling the babbitt bearings. was tempted to machine and fit roller bearins but decided to keep it as original as possible. will keep you posted.
jeffro

• 2 months later...